If you don’t see the two “Akatsuki” options at the top of the options menu, it means that the patcher has not actually been loaded into the game. This is usually due to Windows Defender falsely flagging the patcher files as malicious. As there is little we can do to remedy this, the only way to fix this issue is to temporarily disable Windows Defender: - Open the Windows Security settings menu by opening the Start Menu and typing “Windows Security”. - Select Virus & threat protection. - Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings. - Disable Real-time protection. - Redownload the patcher from the official download page.
It should be noted that real-time protection will automatically be re-enabled after some time, so to prevent this issue from recurring, it is recommended to exclude the patcher file from Windows Defender:
- Under the same Virus & threat protection settings menu, scroll down until you see Exclusions.
- Select Add or remove exclusions (you may need to allow the application administrator privileges).
- Select Add an exclusion > File and select the patcher executable file.
- You may also need to exclude the temp folder, which also contains files needed for the patcher:
- Select Add an exclusion > Folder, and type
%temp% into the address bar at the top.
- Click Select Folder.
To fix this issue, you must relocate your osu! directory using the patcher: - Open the patcher executable file. - Click the Locate option, and navigate to your osu! directory. - Click Select Folder. - Launch osu! using the patcher.
You are attempting to launch an old version of the patcher which is no longer supported. Please download the latest version of the patcher from the official download page.
If you are still having issues after following this guide, please open a ticket in our Discord and describe the issue. We will do our best to help!